Image Map

1/21/13

longing for summer | reminscing on an adventure [part three]

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came." -John F. Kennedy
there were two days left of summer and we wanted to go sailing. so we did. we ventured to newport, rhode island for the day and rented a sailboat. it was the perfect day for it, too. we cruised past the mansions on the cliffs and pretended that we were about to dock at one of them. afterwards we wandered the cute downtown area and indulged on peanut butter cupcakes.

i like to reminisce because reminiscing is warm and january in new england is not. happy monday.

(ps: should part four be a big giant london post? should there even be a part four?)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shots! AND YES AND YES TO YOUR PS's! I wouldn't mind seeing a big giant London post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the warmth of the sun on my skin and the always-blue skies and sailing, though I've never even really been sailing.

    I'm loving this little series. I vote yes to a part four, and a double yes to London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a lovely way to spend the day. I really can't wait for summer. And a big giant London post sounds fantastic (:

    ReplyDelete