Image Map

8/22/10

Superprincess


(Photo by Sheye Rosemeyer)

7 years ago today, Ava Florence-Beth Rosemeyer was born. 3 years, 6 months, and 19 days ago, Ava flew to heaven. I never knew Ava, but her story is one I will never forget. Ava was a superprincess. Ava taught me the most valuable lesson I've ever learned. She taught me that life is too short. Life is too short to not spend every minute loving everyone around you. Life is too short to be negative. Be happy every single day you're here. Be happy just to wake up on a sunny morning, and have the whole day; a whole lifetime ahead of you. That is a lesson that can never be taught in school.

Today I was going to have a tea party for Ava with my friend Maddie. It's pouring out. The rain's not going to stop any time soon. So we postponed the tea party. On a sunny day sometime soon, we're going to have a gorgeous little party with tea and pink cupcakes, and pink balloons sent up to Ava. I guess we could do it inside, but it wouldn't be the same. I don't think Ava would really care when we have our tea party, because that's just how she was, she would make the best of a rainy day, and have more fun dancing in the puddles than she would have had at a tea party anyway!

While I'm on the subject I'd like to congratulate Sheye (Ava's mom, and my photographer inspiration) on baby Rosemeyer number 5! Ava sent him or her down to watch over your family from earth, while she's watching from heaven.

Happy Birthday Superprincess.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christina! My name is Rhianne, I found your blog on Sheye's facebook wall.. and I have to say, Im kind of freaked out. i mean, its one thing that Ava is out hero, but its another that we're both 14, and love photography :P I looked through your blog a little bit, your pictures are really good for someone our age! I love photography too, but my love is for faces :) It would be cool if we could keep in touch, and help each other with photography! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Christina, we appreciate your support very much :) Sheye xx

    ReplyDelete